The Powder River Energy (PRECorp) Foundation has facilitated $15,360 in direct donations to local volunteer fire departments through a single day of fundraising in July this year.
Called the WyoGives ‘Day of Giving,’ the annual online fundraiser gives local charities an opportunity to raise funds online and leverage matching funds from entities like the Hughes Charitable Foundation to increase the total dollars raised.
The 24-hour fundraiser was held on July 13, and the PRECorp Foundation dedicated 100 percent of the money raised to local volunteer fire departments in Campbell, Crook Johnson, Sheridan, and Weston counties.
After matching funds and other direct funds were added together, the Foundation Board of Directors topped off the total to make it an even $15,360 to be spread evenly across the five counties in PRECorp’s service territory.
“Firefighters go into action for wildfires and other emergencies that affect our communities. We truly appreciate and support our neighbors who selflessly put their lives on the line to keep us safe,” said Foundation Executive Director Jeff Bumgarner. “When the call comes, you respond. You are the best of the best!”
Funds will be used for personal protective equipment (PPE); equipment maintenance, repair, or replacement; coolers for drinking water– or other ways the departments can best use the funds.
The giving will assist these locally focused volunteers with $3,072 to each county. They include:
- Campbell County: 56 volunteer staff at fire stations throughout the county.
- Crook County: Support maintenance, tools, fuel, and equipment for outposts throughout the county.
- Johnson County: Supplement funding for volunteer departments in Kaycee, Buffalo, and Johnson County Fire District.
- Sheridan County: Direct funding for volunteer departments in Big Horn, Clearmont, Dayton, rural Sheridan, Story, and Ranchester.
- Weston County: Direct funding for volunteer departments in Newcastle, rural Weston County, and Upton.
For more information on the Foundation go to: www.precorpfoundation.org
For more information on WyoGives go to: https://www.wyogives.org/organizations/powder-river-energy-foundation